These pages will document my experience of owning, maintaining, and sailing this beautiful yacht. I hope that you enjoy your visit.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

At the boat yard


I decided after the survey to have Sojourner pulled out on the travel lift and put at Ross Marine which is a full service boat yard on Johns Island.

It was obvious from the survey that she needed to have her bottom painted. I also chose to have her boot strip repainted and the water line to be raised in the stern.
Another item that I wanted added was a sheer stripe added. It had to be the one for Cape Dory that I was lucky enough to locate on the Cape Dory Owner's Site. That is one awesome site by the way. Every project has been detailed so I will often refer to what has been done over there often.

As far as problems, there were some blisters on the starboard side of the rudder. Those had to be ground out and filled. And there was a small area on the bottom of the keel that needed to be repaired.

I wanted her somewhat oxidized hull compounded, waxed and buffed. And I also wanted to add a name decal on the stern and have her home port indicated as Charleston, SC since she is a documented boat.

Ross Marine was great to work with. They really bent over backwards to make sure I was happy with their work. I can't say enough good things about the people there.

No comments: